1. Prophet Muhammad was a descendant of the Prophet Ismail, the son of Prophet Ibrahim. -PBUT-
2. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was born in the city of Mecca.
3. The year was 570 A.D.
4. Shortly after his birth his mother died.
5. His father was already dead before his birth. So he became an orphan
6. During this time, his uncle Aboo Talib and his grandfather Abdul-mutlib took care of him.
7. At the age of nine he started going on trade trips along with his uncle.
8. Prophet Muhammad met with people of different nations and religions during those trips.
9. His character was respected by all. People throughout Medina including the Jews gave him the name of “The Trustworthy.”
10. In one of his trips he met a Christian scholar, the scholar said to his uncle that he will one day do something great and I can see it because all the trees, mountains and sea are in the bow in front of him.
11. When he reached the age of 25, Prophet Muhammad received a marriage proposal from Khadija which he accepted and thus they got married. Khadija was 40 years of age at the time of their marriage.
12. For the first 54 years of his life he had only one wife. His only wife until the 50th year of his life was Sayyida Khadija.
13. They had sons but they died in their childhood.
14. Prophet Muhammed married Sayyida Aicha when she was 9 years old. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls. In fact, they were not considered young girls, and rather they were considered young women at the time.
It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago.
15.Prophet Muhammad never ate alone. He invited others and then ate with them.
16. He encouraged the washing of hands before and after eating food.
17. He regularly visited the poor and ill.
18. Upon visiting a person, he used to greet them and then take their permission before entering the house and encourage others to do the same as a mark of respect.
19. He used to mend his clothes, repair his shoes and sweep the floor as well as do the household shoppingduring his married life.
20. As people of Mecca at that time were involved in many sinful activities, such as killing their daughters, drinking alcohol, committing acts of rape, and killing innocent people, Prophet Muhammad did not admire those activities at all and to have solitude and peace he went to cave Hira.
21. Once when he was in the cave Hira he saw Angel Gabriel The angel said to him “read in the name of Allah,” and Prophet Muhammad replied that I can neither read nor write I am an illiterate.
22. After Angel Gabriel came again with revelations, he started preaching Islam to people.
23. Prophet Muhammad used to preach to people, but avoided preaching to excess to avoid annoying people.
24. He sometimes prayed so much his legs swelled. In one incident, he was asked why he offered such an unbearable prayer and he replied with “Shall I not be a thankful slave (to Allah)?”
25. He sent letters to Kings and leaders beyond Arabia inviting them to Islam.
26. Pagans and Non-Muslims did harm to Prophet Muhammad PBUH and other Muslims by different means but Prophet Muhammad had patience and perseverance.
27. His Prophethood lasted for a long period of 23 years, during which he received Revelations from Allah.
28. Prophet Muhammad never proclaimed himself as anyone or anything Divine.
29. His name is now one of the most popular names in the world.
30. After 23 years of Prophet-hood, Muhammad (PBUH) died and after his death Islam spread to other places too because of the efforts of his Caliphs. The revelations of Allah on Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) were compiled in the Quranafter his death